County Facilities

Several County facilities can be requested through the Parks & Recreation Department.

Emergency Management Supplies

Emergency management supplies, such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for COVID-19 response, should be requested using this link.


The New Kent County Sheriff's Office schedules appointments for individuals who are in need of ink fingerprints for several reasons.


Residential and commercial building inspections can be requested through the County's Building Development Department.

Public Records (FOIA Request)

New Kent County prides itself on its commitment to open and transparent government and its consistent compliance to Virginia’s Freedom of Information Act. A request form is available for your convenience that can be completed, printed and either mailed, faxed or hand-delivered. 

Rights Be Restored

Anyone convicted of a felony in Virginia automatically loses their civil rights - the right to vote, serve on a jury, run for office, become a notary public and carry a firearm. The Constitution of Virginia gives the Governor the sole discretion to restore civil rights, not including firearm rights. Individuals seeking restoration of their civil rights are encouraged to contact the Secretary of the Commonwealth’s office.

Septic System/Drainfield Records

Septic system/drainfield records can be obtained through the Department of Health.

Trash & Recycling Information

Access information on refuse and recycling in New Kent County.


PDF versions of W-9 forms for New Kent County and New Kent Virginia Cooperative Extension can be accessed here.